Wakeboard Package FAQs
Buying a new wakeboard package can be a big purchase. If you've got questions, check out our answers to these frequent queries.
1. What size wakeboard should I buy?
The answer to this common and essential question will depend on a few factors. These include your weight, your skill level, and your desired riding style. Wakeboards start under 130 centimeters, which are typically reserved for kids or very light adults under 100 pounds. Average individuals between 100 pounds and 250 pounds will find their ideal length between 130 centimeters and 148 centimeters, with heavier riders needing longer boards. Those over 250 pounds will need wakeboards as large as 150 centimeters.
Generally, beginners should stick with longer boards relative to their weight, while experienced riders and those who love doing tricks can opt for shorter, more maneuverable ones.
2. How are wakeboard bindings sized?
Wakeboard bindings are assigned sizes that correspond to traditional American shoe sizes. In most cases, riders will use bindings that are the same size or close to their everyday shoe size. However, it's always vital to try on bindings whenever possible to ensure a snug (but not too snug) fit. When talking about wakeboard binding size, buyers shouldn't forget the difference between open- and closed-toe bindings. Their main design difference is apparent from their name. Closed-toe bindings offer finer control and more responsive movement, while open-toe ones allow a bit more flexibility in foot size, a valuable feature when multiple people are using the same bindings.
3. What are the common types of wakeboards?
There are two main types of wakeboards, split up based on how and where they're used: boat wakeboards and cable park wakeboards. Cable park wakeboards are designed to be ridden in special wakeboard parks where riders are towed by cable through an area that includes obstacles or trick features. Boat wakeboards can be ridden behind a boat or other watercraft. These can be further broken down by construction, from the continuous rocker design with one smooth curve to the three-stage boards that have a flat spot in the center of the board to help with bigger tricks and higher jumps. Hybrid options are also available that blend both continuous and 3-stage rockers in one wakeboard. Boards also vary through features like fins, which can provide extra stability for boat wakeboards.
4. What are some good wakeboard packages for beginners?
At Wakesports Unlimited, every wakeboard package is meticulously curated to ensure top-notch quality and performance. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting out, there's a perfect fit for everyone. For those new to the sport, the following packages are especially designed with beginners in mind:
- Men's Package: The Ronix District Wakeboard with District Bindings package is versatile, catering to a wide range of riding styles. Its unique design offers a blend of balance and agility, making it ideal for those just getting their feet wet.
- Women's Package: The Liquid Force Angel w/ Plush Bindings package boasts a fuller tip and tail shape, ensuring more pop and better performance on modern wakes. It's tailored to provide stability and predictability, key attributes for newcomers.
- Kid's Package: The Ronix Vision Wakeboard with Vision Bindings package is tailored for young enthusiasts. With its wider profile and bigger fins, it ensures easier starts and enhanced control on the water. The design prioritizes stability and ease, making it an excellent choice for budding riders."
Each of the wakeboard packages we offer pairs a board with bindings, and sometimes additional friendly accessories, ensuring that riders are fully equipped and ready to hit the water with confidence.
5. What popular wakeboard package brands do you offer?
Fortunately for new riders or those looking for an easy replacement, we offer a wide variety of wakeboard packages. This includes top brands like Hyperlite, Liquid Force, and Ronix, which offer high-quality equipment with a stylish look. They cover a broad range of sizes and prices, ensuring there's a wakeboard package ready for any rider looking to get out on the water as soon as possible.