The 727 is a design that combines the most important needs in a proper foil board - deflection, buoyancy, tempo, and footwear.
-727 Foil Board – An all-level foil specific designed board with foot straps available in 2 sizes
- Fluid 28” Mast – Ride higher, and pump with more efficiency. The tallest mast in our range.
- Link 3D Fuselage - A high grade machined aluminum fuselage is the perfect intersection between mast, front wing, and rear stabilizer.
- Balance 1600cm2 Front Wing – This is the lift edition – the ideal size and design for somebody that wants to rise higher.
- Navigator 240cm2 Rear Stabilizer - The voice of reason mounted on the back of your Link 3D fuselage
– When you are wakesurfing you always want contact with the waterline. That gives you the control to create leverage and speed. As we foiled more, we realized you don’t want any of those qualities in your board. In wakefoiling, your angle and quickness should be coming directly from your foil. The board’s job is to rebound off the water as quickly as possible allowing the mast to get back into the correct height again. We did this by creating a pronounced directional rockerline looking to aid the take off and rebound the landing. Then we added exaggerated bevels covering the profile of the board to help displace the water as quickly / smoothly as possible.
– Ronix found the best prototypes were the ones that would have medium rise when they were standing on them underwater. As boards got too thick it was difficult to do a deep-water start. Half the time they foil they start with the board underneath our feet in the water. If the board is too thin, you don’t have enough buoyancy which won’t create the feel they were looking for with the board as they were preparing to take off. Neutral buoyancy 2.0 for the flight variety is born.
– The lighter the board, the quicker / easier the initiation of a turn is – but if the board feels too light it will want to initiate a turn before your body does. Or vice versa if the board is delayed from your natural movement – in either of these scenarios you have the dreaded cross up. Finding the right tempo in the shape and construction was vital. We shaped countless prototypes to figure out the balancing act of meeting buoyancy and swing weight needs – for the right rhythm between rider and board.
Footwear – Straps are included - those first couple times you ride, your boat driver will thank you for using them. It’s definitely easier to get up with them while you learn to feel stable in a foiling body position.
Koal Surface 727 Features:
- 10” track length with industry standard 3.5” width between tracks
- Foil Specific Design
- Front & Rear Blended Grooved EVA Pads
- 2 Adjustable Removable Straps
- Arch Support & Extra Tall Tail Wedge
- Available in 4’1 or 4’8 Length
- Foil Specific Design - all attributes of the rocker, bevel, profile, swing weight were designed specifically for foiling
- Removable Wing Covers - portable covers to protect your wings while in the boat
- Preorder your Koal Surface Foil Board today - estimated to begin shipping early Jan. 2023