Koal Surface 727 Foil Package
After many years in the making, Ronix's foil is here!
A construction incorporating the core of the high-end Flyweight Pro series, but wrapped in a bulletproof Surface Skin. In short, the lightweight feel of your favorite high-end surfer, the durability of your favorite wakeboard, and a skin that breaks up the water for less resistance.
The 727 is a design that combines the most important needs in a proper foil board - deflection, buoyancy, tempo, and footwear.
Deflection– When you are wakesurfing you always want contact with the waterline. That gives you the control to create leverage and speed. As we foiled more, we realized you don’t want any of those qualities in your board. In wakefoiling, your angle and quickness should be coming directly from your foil. The board’s job is to rebound off the water as quickly as possible allowing the mast to get back into the correct height again. We did this by creating a pronounced directional rockerline looking to aid the take off and rebound the landing. Then we added exaggerated bevels covering the profile of the board to help displace the water as quickly / smoothly as possible.
Buoyancy– Ronix found the best prototypes were the ones that would have medium rise when they were standing on them underwater. As boards got too thick it was difficult to do a deep-water start. Half the time they foil they start with the board underneath our feet in the water. If the board is too thin, you don’t have enough buoyancy which won’t create the feel they were looking for with the board as they were preparing to take off. Neutral buoyancy 2.0 for the flight variety is born.
Tempo– The lighter the board, the quicker / easier the initiation of a turn is – but if the board feels too light it will want to initiate a turn before your body does. Or vice versa if the board is delayed from your natural movement – in either of these scenarios you have the dreaded cross up. Finding the right tempo in the shape and construction was vital. We shaped countless prototypes to figure out the balancing act of meeting buoyancy and swing weight needs – for the right rhythm between rider and board.
Footwear – Straps are included - those first couple times you ride, your boat driver will thank you for using them. It’s definitely easier to get up with them while you learn to feel stable in a foiling body position.
Koal Surface 727 Features:
- 10” track length with industry standard 3.5” width between tracks
- Foil Specific Design
- Front & Rear Blended Grooved EVA Pads
- 2 Adjustable Removable Straps
- Arch Support & Extra Tall Tail Wedge
- Available in 4’1 or 4’8 Length
- Foil Specific Design - all attributes of the rocker, bevel, profile, swing weight were designed specifically for foiling
- Removable Wing Covers - portable covers to protect your wings while in the boat
- Preorder your Koal Surface Foil Board today - estimated to begin shipping early Jan. 2023
Fluid Shift Mast w/ Balance 1300 Foil Set - Beginner / Intermediate
Never before has flight been so easy, and so much fun. An adjustable mast and a stable wing setup to guide you through foiling’s ups and downs.
3 flights for 3 different consumers:
- Looking for maiden voyage
- A versatile all around set-up
- Added top speed and pumping efficiency
- Alloy Fluid Shift 3 in 1 Adjustable Mast – 14’ – 17’ or 20’ adjustments
- Link 3D Fuselage – 39 cm Length
- Hybrid Carbon Balance Front Wing – 1300 cm Volume
- Hybrid Carbon Navigator Rear Stabilizer – 240 cm Volume
- Padded Foil Kit Bag – Complete with labeled compartments for all components
- Removable Front & Rear Wing Protectors
- Hardware / Case – Complete with neatly labeled displays for all hardware
- T Handle Tool – 1 tool adjusts all fasteners
- Fuselage Tip Protector
We have had people 230 lbs. preferring the 4’1 and other people 175 lbs. preferring the 4’8.
Since there isn’t much contact between the board and the water determining the board push and drive the way that there is on a wakesurf board – instead size is determined by ability and style.
Benefits of a 4’1 length
Greater overall response
More power in your pumping
Benefits of a 4’8 length.
Easier deep water starts – if you are new to foiling you in addition to a shorter mast and a balance front wing this 4’8 length will help with your learning curve to foiling
More control, stability, and comfort in rougher water conditions